From Zero To Mom Sexy In 30 Seconds

How are all my Mom Sexy ladies feeling this morning?  Did you have a nice weekend?  And even more important…did you try my little trick from Friday to help you take your sexy up a notch? Just in case you missed it, you can click here for the scoop.  In a nutshell, the simple act of looking at ourselves in the mirror and speaking a few sexy affirmations can be just the confidence boost that we need sometimes to feel like hot mamas.

And I don’t know about you, but I strive to feel sexy because it is something that makes ME feel good inside and out.  That’s right…I want to be a hot mama because I DESERVE TO FEEL SEXY FOR ME.  Not for my man. Not for the paparazzi (yes, they are still camped out in my front yard just like they are every freakin’ Monday morning), and certainly not for any other person. Sexy makes ME feel more confident.  Sexy makes ME feel strong. And honestly, being sexy just makes ME feel really damn awesome.

Notice how none of those statements involved me trying to be sexy to please anyone other than myself?  That’s right ladies…sexy is YOURS.  And once you have it inside of you, no one can take it away unless you willingly give it to them.

With that being said, I know that a lot of the time it is really difficult to feel sexy when you are a busy mom.  And it’s especially hard when you’ve been up all night with a crying baby and haven’t had a shower in two days.  Or when you’ve put your preschooler in the time out chair about eighteen times and he just keeps looking at you and screaming about how much he hates time outs and then you realize that he’s been in that chair for about 20 minutes straight without actually completing the full time out. Or when you realize that you can count the number of times you’ve wiped your child’s ass on that particular day but you can’t remember whether or not you’ve even had time to pee since you woke up.

Whatever those reasons are that are putting a damper on you feeling like a sexy mom, and no matter how out of control and hectic your day may get, there are things that you can do to “Up Your Sexy” during your normal routine…and they can take as little as 30 seconds or so to take you from frumpy to super-sexy!

Sexy-Strategy #1:

Go dig out a pair of “do-me” heels out of the back of your closet and wear them around the house for a few minutes. Or even just put them on and sit on the couch for a bit and admire how good they look (if you think that you might break a leg walking around in them).  And don’t start to blush and get all embarrassed about this one ladies.  Just admit it.  Somewhere lurking in your attic, basement, or closet is a pair of heels that you only get to wear if there is a wedding or some other fancy occasion, but you jump at the chance to bring them out when it comes along because they make your legs look fantastic and make you feel like a complete and total sex kitten. Why wait for a once-every-couple-years-special-occasion to pull those bad boys out?  Go get them and put them on today.  Trust me, you’ll feel totally hot and your gams will be smokin’.

(My Go-To Pair)

Sexy Strategy #2

Invest in a Hanky Panky thong.  I’ve talked about them before, and I still can’t seem to shut up about them.  And for those of you who are completely thong-phobic, trust me when I tell you that you can wear these no matter what shape or size you are and I’m guaranteeing that they won’t ride up your crack.  I even wore them when I was 9 months pregnant and nothing else fit besides a maternity track suit, and even that was really pushing it.  They’re all I wear.  Even when I’m not leaving the house.  Even under a hospital gown in the Emergency Room. Because they make me feel like a sexy mom even when I’m not exactly dressed like one. No one has to know you are wearing it.  Because YOU know you’re wearing it.  And that’s Mom Sexy.

Sexy Strategy #3

Ok ladies, if you’re having one of those days where the housework is just piling up and you don’t even have a spare minute to dig your heels out of your closet or even bother to change out of your pj’s and put on a thong, don’t worry, because I’ve got a sexy solution for you too.

I never thought it was possible to feel sexy loading the dishwasher, but somehow I sorta pulled it off!  And you can apply the Shakira strategy to any household task.  I’m thinking of firing up “Hips Don’t Lie” the next time I fold laundry.

For more great ideas on little things you can do to bring sexy back into your life, check out my friend Greg’s blog and download his free e-book, “8 Wonderful Ways to Pamper Yourself.” He’s got some great tips…and his blog is just so…comfy!!

Ok, now it’s your turn.  I want to know about the little things that you do during your day to make yourself feel a little more sexy! And if you’ve been lacking in the sexy department lately, then tell me one thing that you are going to do to up the ante a bit.  Leave me a comment with your sexy tip this month, or write your own post and link up below!  This is a great way to give other women out there a confidence boost and to help them bring back their inner Mom Sexy!  The McLinky will be up until Friday.

And not only that, by participating, you have the chance to be my Mom Sexy Blogger of the Month for June and have your button on my sidebar for the entire month!  Oh yeah, and I even had a cute little winners’ badge made.  Check out my Mom Sexy Blogger for May, Mandy from Suburban Stereotype to get a peek at it!

Make sure to check back on June 1st when the sexy mama is revealed!

Disclosure:  I was not paid by Hanky Panky to brag about their thongs.  I just really dig them and love to spread the word in support of wedgie-hating moms everywhere.  The photo of the thongs is from their website, www.hankypanky.com.

Comments

MandyP says:

Mary Mommyologist, You’re My HERO!!!!! I laughed out loud at this because I do THE SAME thing when I’m cleaning!!!!!!! You rock! LOVED the little faces you were making and the way you slide down the diswasher while you were dancing. *Sigh, wiping away tears* You are my favorite!

…And you look fabullous, by the way!

That was CRAZY AWESOME!!! You’re so cute! Loved it! PS: Your hub must have gotten all hot and bothered watching that video! LOL

OMG – You really do CRACK me up girl!!! Mom Sexy loading the dishwasher – love the vlog!

Shake it, girl!!!!

I really need to try one of those thongs. :)

denise says:

Ok, I don’t have time to write as much as I want because in 30 seconds i have to make lunches and leave the house (yeah right) but YOU ROCK. Love this movement and love your moves. I’ll write more later with my sexy tricks. xo

Dear Sydney says:

And this is why I love reading your blog – you are awesome! I’m gonna see how many times I can shake it today (but I will try to restrain myself while at Target) :)

Thanks for all of the Mom Sexy inspiration.

Lanita says:

I LOVE Hanky Panky’s. I have one in about every color…they make great bras, too. I have been feeling blah lately and I know with summer coming and the kids home it will be harder. I have been planing to carve out time every morning to work out and then show. Dressing nicely is my goal…and at least putting on mascara…and I am seriously looking into getting a ’40′s style sexy one-piece bathing suit, big floppy hat and sunglasses for the pool/

Love the vlog! Maybe if I did that, the dishes would get done more often – lol!

You post couldn’t have come at a better time. I’ve been waiting for today to blog about little things I’ve done for me to feel good about myself. I’ll link up sometime today when I can get it posted.

Sam says:

I literally slammed my hand down on the desk… this is awesome.

Oh and by the way if anyone denies they have “f(*& me” heels then they are lying. We all have them and frankly every time I get my mine out my husband gives me the wink. Great idea!

I love you!

Well—if you are going to go all bossy on us and stuff and “make” us tell you all our sexy secrets…lets just say I have some smokin’ hot steamy sexy text message chats saved on my BlackBerry between my man and I.

Yeah..yeah…yeah…so a ‘few’ of them got misfired and sent to the wrong contact….but hey….they don’t know what I am talking about when I say ” I’m so hot—can’t wait to ride my landshark”!

They just think I am talking about some blow up swimming pool gadget. *wink*

P.S. I say just forget the thongs and go commando—the breeze is so much better ;)

Girl I LOVED IT! I was watching your video and my whole family {hubby and two boys} came in to watch it. Ummm my 4 yr old’s smile was from ear to ear…think he has a crush on you :) I need to try and get a post done to link up to you…I really need to bring some mom sexy back!

Cheryl says:

If my kitchen was that clean and beautiful, I’d feel sexy too! ;)

You are awesome! LOVED your vlog! You can bet your ass I will be shaking my booty today when I load the dishwasher! Also, really need to check out those thongs!

Greg says:

Thanks for the shout out! Your posts are so entertaining, and I’m not even a Mom, haha! A number of my readers are, though, and I always tell them to check out your blog. Thanks Mary, I can’t wait to walk around in my “do me” shoes and a thong!

Jenny says:

Totally have to try those hanky pankys! Way to go on the vlog…shakira and the dishes, I will have to try that one!

Just bought the panties! I get a dishwasher in about a month. That is the ONLY way to load one!

Shake it!! That was great.

Ummm… still not sure about the thong thing… my daughters love them.

SaucyB says:

first things first, love those sandals! very cute. and i’m definitely going to have to pick up some hanky panky thongs. I wear them all the time too, but have never tried that brand.

Loved, loved, loved the video. I have to say, when I am doing my cleaning, I also rock out to some music, but do not look as cute doing it. Hmph!
    Okay, here are a few of my quick feel sexy pick me ups.

1. The wonderbra~seriously, this bra works miracles,if you want to look like you had a breast lift/implants, this is the way to go. If you can pull off wearing a cute tank w/ the wonderbra, you will feel just a little bit sexy.

2. Don’t have to time to wash your hair, that’s okay, just throw it up in one of those messy do’s (you know the ones, wear it looks like you just finished having some fun w/ the spouse) but throw on a nice lipstick color/gloss. Somehow, this works.

3. don’t have time to lay out or go tanning, a self tanner (summer bronze is the best) will give you an instant tan in about three hours,and you know what they say,a good tan can make you look like you weigh 10 pounds less.

Love the dance while loading the dish washer. Totally going to check out the thong too.

AngieB says:

Mary, you totally rock! I have to admit I do this all the time and it usually makes me feel great. The exception was the time I was jammin’ to some old 80′s tunes with my earbuds in and didn’t hear my teenage son and his friends come in. Of course I was dancing around in my sock monkey pajamas. MILF I’m not :)

Erin says:

I have heard about those thongs and now am going to buy some! Love your blog, babe—> you have Mom Sexy down PAT! I will think of you next time I’m loading (or unloading) my dishwasher.

Lee says:

I loved how you danced in front of the dishwasher!! I am laughing and thinking…kill two birds with one stone…sexy and exercise!!

Loved the vlog!

I definitely need to get the “Mom Sexy” going again, hopefully tomorrow will start off better than today since I am recovering from oral surgery. LOL

Have a great week!

Love ya Mary!

Courtney says:

You absolutely CRACK me up!! And kudos to you for videoing yourself and sharing with all of us. :) That is truly MOM sexy!! Hope you have a great week!

kim says:

HOT MAMA! you make me wanna go load my dishwasher! love you!
    xoxox

Sunday says:

You crack me up! I loved your video!

Plus, I am seriously LUSTING after your kitchen. I desperately want one just like that!

From Belgium says:

I have no doubt I will get my sexy vibe back the minute I can throw these ‘where sex goed to die’ nursing bras in a bin and burn them.

amber says:

I’m with you on the “do me heels!” Nothing makes you feel better…

I’m linking up a post I wrote a couple of weeks ago, because it seems strangely fitting!

Jenn says:

Thanks for stopping by! And I agree, sexy is about being comfy in ones own skin! As to the sexy thong, based on your lovely recommendation, I’m definitely checking them out. You can never go wrong with feel good panties. :P Lets face it, not feeling like you have twine riding up your rear is definite cause for sexy celebration.
    And your video dancing? That is *so* me! Loved it!

Also, I edited my post to clarify what I meant by “imitation” feel good. I think it may have come across in a manner that I did not intend originally. Trust me, although name brands and sheik bling doesn’t necessarily call to me, I do love me some nice crap! :)

Natalie says:

Grrrr! Forgot to write a post for this!! I need to do it to keep me motivated!!
    And I need to try those undies too ;)

chantele says:

I looove your blog! Newest follower! :)

This was soo freaking fantastic, you almost have me wanting to do the ONE thing I loathe more than anything in the world – dishes. Who knew all it took was a little Shakira? Oh, and a little mom sexy booty shaking…

Sarah C. says:

I love your vlog. And I must say I love love love hanky pankyies (not sure if that is the right punctuation). Haven’t been around for the last few days…things have been a bit crazy in my home. The one thing I do to feel sexy is always always wear makeup. Always! It makes me feel good even if my hair and outfit looks like s**t!

dina says:

awesome site! following from a comment I saw on denvercereal.com

dina says:

thanks for the follow back, my sexy post is up now

Kimberly says:

I loved your video. You had me laughing and smiling. Great idea.

Prerna says:

Hi Mommyologist! Love your site (thanks to The Professional Family Manager) and am a new follower now:-)
    Here are my tips for getting mom sexy – http://themomwrites.blogspot.com/2010/05/7-simple-feel-good-ideas-for-super-busy.html
    Could u please delete my McLinky. I forgot to put the link to the post and instead, linked to the main blog. Sorry!
    Blessings and best wishes.

Girl, I am laughing out loud. Has your husband seen this? I am UBER impressed with those moves! Go, sexy Zumba momma, go!

Jeannette says:

I started following you with the Mom Sexy Prom and just found this video on http://kimberlyriggins.com. I LOVED seeing you load in your kids’ sippy cups! We don’t have a dishwasher right now so I dance while I wash and also when I make LB’s bottles. I wiggle a bit when I shake ‘em up! Lol. Thanks for showing us all it can be sexy. Heck, I know my hubby would lose if if he came home to me doing that. I think I’ll have to try it tonight and possibly add that result into my work out plan for today. *wink*wink*

That was really a nice thing to know.Sometimes small coincident really do big things. It was just started with a simple fitness class.

Simple things really do matters a lot and because of this I am so boldly confident and inspired to take another zumba class!

Penelope says:

Haha! You are crazy! But I do that all the time! Lol!

1. [...] The Mommyologist has started somewhat of a revolution for moms and women everywhere.  The mission: to harness our inner Mom Sexy.  To believe it, to live it, to breathe it.  This month the focus is: the little things that you do during your day to make yourself feel a little more sexy! Either that or how you would “up the ante” to elevate the mom sexy in yourself just a little higher. [...]

2. [...] The Mommyologist: From Zero to Mom Sexy in 30 Seconds. On the great list of Things Mothers Are Lucky to Ever Get Done in a Day is looking fabulous. When all you’re going to do all day is clean the house, or you have a child who uses your clothes as a personal face-wipe (for years I had stains on all my clothes just above the knees, thanks to one daughter who would tease me by pretending to give me a hug when what she really wanted was to use me as a napkin), it often seems pointless to try to do anything to dress yourself up. Why “waste” the time, right? Wrong! Mary shares my belief that, when you take care of you, you take care of the family. I love reading her blog posts about dressing sexy, feeling great, Zumba classes, and having a great time as a woman. These are great thirty-second tips to take care of yourself. I mean, really, we’re talking thirty seconds here. This is manageable. [...]

3. [...]  I was so inspired by all of the awesome tips and tricks that all of you shared with me on my Mom Sexy feature this month, and I thought that it would be a complete tragedy if I didn’t share your ideas with the rest [...]

4. [...] no secret that I absolutely love to shake my ass.  I do it twice a week at Zumba.  I do it in front of my dishwasher. And I probably do it in front of my bathroom mirror a little more often than I should. But what can [...]