October 11th, My Anniversary!

Today is October 11th, 2010, and seven years ago today I somehow managed to snag myself a man. And not just any man…but a pretty cool dude who puts up with my shit, doesn’t complain, and still manages to make me laugh on a daily basis seven years after we said, “I do.”

He is an amazing husband, a wonderful father, and was seriously just way too good to me yesterday when my hungover self wound up spending the entire morning in bed. It seems that my post last week about needing wine came back and bit me in the ass.

Ok, back to the sentimental shit. I don’t want to brag, but my wedding was beyond perfect. After Hurricane Fabian ruined our initial plans to get married in Bermuda, we wound up changing the venue last-minute and got hitched at Cheeca Lodge & Spa in Islamorada in the Florida Keys.

I’m too lazy to go dig out photos and scan them right now, but here are some shots of Cheeca to give you an idea of just how annoyingly perfect my day was:

And here’s one lone wedding photo that I managed to pull off my Facebook page…aren’t I a total catch?

It was the perfect wedding, the perfect moonlit evening, the perfect fish jumping behind me and the hubster in the perfect turquoise water while we said our vows, and it was the perfect party complete with open bar after the ceremony.

But you’re not allowed to hate me for having a perfect wedding because my initial wedding was ruined by a friggin’ hurricane. I deserved perfect, dammit.

I can’t believe that I haven’t been back to Cheeca since the wedding. Maybe the resort should bring me and the hubs down there for a visit so that I can experience Cheeca’s perfection and then blog about it. (Hint, hint, wink, wink).

Happy Anniversary Babe…can’t wait to see where the next seven years take us!

Comments

Mommie says:

Awwww! Congratulations! I hope you do get an opportunity to go back to Cheeca. I’d love to hear all about it!

Kimberly says:

Happy Anniversary Mary!

Aww congratulations! i hope you get to go back and visit it REAL soon!
    Happy anniversary! You looked gorgeous on your wedding!

Wow! Such a beautiful place to get married! Happy Anniversary!

Beautiful! Hope you get to visit again soon. Happy Anniversary!

Aww! Happy Anniversary! :)

Happy Anniversary!

That was a beautiful place to get married! Happy anniversary! I hope you and your husband have many more happy years together. And hopefully you can return to that beautiful place!

Happy Anniversary! That place does look perfect!

Happy anniversary! (7 years here, too, of course)

What a gorgeous place where you got married and you were a stunning bride!

Congratulations!! Today is also my 13th anniversary.
    Looks like you did have a perfect wedding day, after all.

AZLB says:

Congrats. I have been to Cheeca…Love it!!!!!

MommaResa says:

Do you see the green? Yeah, its envy… beautiful destination wedding, and beautiful bride. Oh and Congratu-freaking-lations!

That’s nice! Of course I haven’t been on a vacation since we made the kid so now I am all pining away for Cheeca and it is only hours away from me. Hmmm…maybe they’ll let me drive down to help out with the blog ;-) .

Oh and by the way, everyone just ignores the whole hurricane thing because after all, your wedding turned out perfect. So yeah, we’re all hatin’ on you but at the same time are ridiculously happy that you had the perfect shindig and are enjoying a wonderful anniversary!

Erin says:

Congrats girl! You look stunning!

Back in Feb 4, 2007, hubby and I got married over my Grandfather’s house, with just my grandfather, my step grandmother and hubby’s parents. I think our total wedding cost $300 but it was perfect to us!

Jen Gacek says:

Happy Anniversary! Looks like a gorgeous spot for a wedding. And you make a gorgeous bride!

Our initial wedding location was ruined too….but not by a hurricane. The place went bankrupt and didn’t bother to tell us until 2 days before our wedding! Nice. Oh well, it all worked out in the end ;)

Purplume says:

You are so beautiful. Yes, you deserve the perfect wedding.Happy anniversary.

Venassa says:

It does look perfect. You now have me wanting to get married there.
    Happy anniversary!

blueviolet says:

Allowed or not, there’s a little bit of hate going on over here. Ok, it’s not really hate, it’s sheer envy! FABULOUS wedding!

Happy Anniversary! Hope you get to have a great celebration :)

Kristin says:

Gorgeous! Love your dress! I bet it was a beautiful day! Happy anniversary!

momo says:

Congratulations!….It is my seventh wedding anniversary aswell but on October 10th. My wedding was amazing aswell. We had so much fun!!! My husband is a really amazing man!!! What a lucky weekend to have gotten married!

Stacy says:

Happy Anniversary! Mine was a couple days ago! October is a great month for anniversaries!

Happy Anniversary!!!! That place looks AMAZING!! Our 10 year is next May!! Where the hell did them time go?

Happy anniversary! It looks beautiful there! And you look amazing!Fun fact: it was a hurricane the day I got married (hurricane noel). Although we had to brave it out (luckily the wedding was indoors). So we have some wedding day commonalities :)

awww happy anniversary! I love the wedding pic you look beautiful! :) And what a great location! breathtaking!

Jennifer says:

Happy Anniversary and many, many more!

SaucyB says:

The pictures are breath taking. What a beautiful bride! Congratulations on your anniversay! And yes, the universe owed you perfect after a freakin’ hurricane blew out your initials plans. quid pro quo!

An island wedding – love it!! Beautiful photo, too! :) Congrats on the anniversary – here’s to many, many, more!

Sounds like paradise! You should go back every year to celebrate! Congrats to you and your hubs!

Somehow I first read this as saying your husband wore a turqouise tuxedo and I was quite upset you weren’t sharing photos. Then I realized I just couldn’t read.

And I can’t handle how gorgeous that place looks.

Kir says:

WELL look at you , BEAUTIFUL bride….

so glad that after 7 years it’s just as GOOD. :)

CONGRATULATIONS to you both, many many more years of happiness and love to you.

Joy says:

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful setting in which to get married.

Renee says:

Sure could use a tropical vaca after seeing those pictures! Thanks for giving us a glimpse of your special day.