My Super Sexy Bedroom Life

This past Friday night, I got a little bit tipsy. And yes, I know the fact that I had a martini or five probably won’t come as a shock to anyone…but who I found in bed with me the next morning may. (And no, it wasn’t Prince Harry. Though I definitely tried to extend him an open invitation via Twitter).

Remember those crazy nights from college where you partied like a rock star and then woke up the next morning, rolled over, and wondered why in the hell the dude who was only supposed to be your “friend” was lying in bed next to you? (Not that anything like that ever happened to me. We all know I’m a saint).

Well, when I woke up on Saturday morning and rolled over, I didn’t expect anyone to be spooning me, least of all this guy:

"Great-Grandpa Puddles" as little dude refers to him.

Let me take a short minute to introduce you to “Great-Grandpa Puddles,” who I’m apparently having an affair with. And honestly, I’m really not ashamed of our love.

You see, little dude has taken to waking up around 4:00am, and deciding to come snuggle up in bed next to me instead of staying in his own bed all night. And even though common sense tells me that I should usher him back to his own quarters, the part of me that wants to remain in bed where it’s warm and cozy wins every time. And I also know that my son won’t be little forever…so I have to savor these moments with him while I can. And he and Great-Grandpa Puddles are a package deal.

So there you have it….a peek into my super sexy bedroom life. For now, I refuse to kick Great-Grandpa Puddles out of bed. What can I say? There’s something that’s really hot about cuddling up to an over-sized stuffed duck.

Comments

Jacque says:

Great post! :) I popped over after seeing the tweet – you had me curious! :) I’m a co-sleeper and have 2 little boys – I know they will go to their own beds one day and I will miss snuggling with them at night! You are right – it doesn’t last forever – they do grow up! :) Enjoy sleeping with Great-Grandpa Puddles and the little guy while ya can!
    Have a great day!

Thanks so much…you too! Before we know it, they will be all grown up and won’t want anything to do with us…so we have to savor the snuggles while we can!

Katy says:

Hilarious!! Congrats on having a fun night on Friday. I love the way you’re looking at the little guy creeping into your bed. It won’t last forever. :)

Thanks so much! It definitely won’t last…pretty soon he won’t want anything to do with me. :(

Too funny! I have to admit….your tweet had me curious ;) LOL!

I figured it would raise a few eyebrows…unfortunately, I’m not all that exciting. LOL!

Hehe!! How adorable that he brings “Great-Grandpa Puddles” with him! (And the warm and cozy bed always wins out for me, too!) xx

That’s so cute! We have a running joke in my house about no more monkeys jumping in the bed. My son loves monkeys and most mornings we wake up with at least one in bed with us.

Too funny! I usually wind up with one of his 6-7 stuffed ducks. Ducks are all the rage around here.

Chanel says:

lol…Thank is so hilarious!!! I woke up this morning and apparently had a menage a trois. I was sandwiched in between Woody and Buzz from Toy Story…don’t asked me how that happened. I wasn’t even drinking.

Kate says:

Lol right now our kiddo is in a crib so he hasn’t been able to sneak into our room BUT he naps in my bedroom and I always crawl into bed at night with a few Thomas the trains.

Love the duck! He’s sessy! :)

shell says:

It’s SO much better to stay in bed where it’s warm. I let my kids in, too.

No cute fuzzy duck for me, but I have claimed my son’s Buzz Lightyear pillow- that thing is SO comfortable!

Ry has two pillow pets and those are pretty good too! Can you please do me a favor and let me know if you get this? I have a new plug-in installed for replying to comments, but not sure it is working. Thanks lady!

That duck is super cute. I wouldn’t mind him as a bed mate at all.

I’m still co-sleeping with my 16 month old and I don’t usually say this, but I love it. The day will come too soon when he will be too much of a big boy to snuggle with his Mama, so I am soaking it all up.

Definitely soak it up while you can! My son is five, but I remember 16 months like it was yesterday. Where does the time go?

Charisse says:

HI THERE! Nice to meet you. I came over from a comment on ScaryMommy’s site. I love your blog name and then your latest post title had me completely intrigued. :)

I used to let my munchkin come in and sleep with me. We did co-sleeping for the first three, almost four, years of her life. And since I was a single mommy, it didn’t matter. Now that I am married she sleeps in her own room. Most nights. When she does venture downstairs it’s because something has REALLY scared her. Poor little thing.

But I remember many-a night waking to cold feet on my tummy because she had snuck in sometime in the night. (Cold little feet because she sleeps sideways. Even in her own bed now.)

Nice to meet you too! I get the cold feet thing all the time. Sometimes it even wakes me up out of a dead sleep!

Haha! Awesome! We have some similar experiences around our house. And like you, we never bother to kick the toys and trinkets out of bed. Because one day, they won’t be there. And the Great-Grandpa Puddles is precious!!

I am sure that sooner or later I’ll be wishing I would wake up in bed with that duck!

This is too funny! I remember those kind of nights. I find myself waking up to Harlan’s toys all the time.

Once in a while I roll over onto a match box car in the middle of the night. Not quite as cozy as the duck!

Angie says:

I’m dying to know where the name Great Grandpa Puddles came from – so cute! My little one is still in a crib at 16 months and I really wonder if she’ll ever want to come in to our bed as she has NEVER been a snuggler/cuddler. EVER!!! I’ve tossed her in our bed a couple of times in the middle of the night (when she was teething, etc.) but she totally thought it was playtime and refused to go back to sleep. I joke that cuddling with her is like trying to snuggle with a porcupine! I am noticing that she’s becoming slightly more cuddly these days though, so I’m still holding out hope.

He actually is obsessed with stuffed ducks right now and has the whole “Puddles” family. There’s baby Puddles, mommy Puddles, etc. There’s like 6 or 7 of them in all!

Vi Nguyen says:

OMG, this is too adorable!!! I <3 the duck's name so much it's not even funni!!! And he's super cute!! Where did you get him?

Yes, if BG1 find her way over to our room & we're both too lazy to get up, she just crawls right in. I do agree that there's onli so much time left before they won't even look at us anymore so we should cherish them wanting to cling to us for as long as possible haha.

Oh Mary, I do so always enjoy your blog posts =)

Thank you so much!! Found the duck at our local grocery store right before Easter. He loves that thing.

Crystal says:

hahaha!! That’s a hoot!! Enjoy those night-time cuddles…they all-too-quickly disappear!

You are right he won’t be little forever! Glad you are enjoying the moments. =)

That damn duck is HUGE!!! LOL! I so know how that *Oops, I got a little bit tipsy last night* thing goes.

Corinne says:

what a cute bedmate.

Scandalous!!!

He’s awfully fetching. Is he coming to Boston to party?

MommaKiss says:

I’ma pass on duck comments, but will say – sleep always wins. If someone decides to move at 4am, they’re welcome to snuggle me or go back to bed but I ain’t moving. Happy to get a lil cozy time w/ the lil one, as long as I don’t have to move a muskle.

Sleep wins over here too. I wish I would’ve been more laid back about it when he was a baby/toddler. Would’ve saved myself a lot of dark circles!

Co sleeper in the house, and not apologizing to anyone for it. Good for you, the time goes way to quickly.

Before I know it, he will lock himself in his own room, so I am definitely going to enjoy the time with him!

J says:

I kid you not, I’ve slept with him, too… under very similar circumstances!

This is so freakin’ funny! HAHA! I love it. I’ve known to have affairs with stuffed animals to, in my attached days, but it’s all good though. *wink*

That Great-Grandpa Puddles is so cute, I would love to have him in my bed anytime. My little one used to co-sleep until he was almost 2yo and even now as a first thing in the morning he comes to my bed to snuggle. And I’m dreading the time when he’ll stop.

I know my early morning snuggle days are numbered, so I am just soaking it up now!

HILARIOUS!!!! Reminds me of the song by Garfunkel and Oates called “Sex with Ducks”!!!

Motherhood really is sexy huh?

Ha! I haven’t heard that one! Sleeping with a stuffed duck is way sexier than it sounds. ;)

Miranda H. says:

Love it!

Kir says:

I love it!!! I have been feeling all kinds of guilt etc about Jacob being the man in my bed and not John lately (who is sleeping with Gio in their “big boy bed” )but after reading this , I feel so OK about it. You’re right they are only little once…and knowing that my little boy finds comfort next to me is a gift all by itself.

You “Lucky Duck” ;)

Kristin says:

I’m dreaming of the day of real sexy time again! We have a toddler who crawls into our bed halfway thru the night, and an infant who is next to us in the bassinet all the time… One day we will get there again.