As I sit here tonight and anxiously await the hubster to get little dude into bed so that we can
watch Bachelor pad and take turns trying to imitate Kasey’s voice enjoy a couple more hours of quality time together before the long weekend ends, I can’t help but look back at Labor Day weekend 2011 and what a whirlwind it was.
And if you are wondering why I’m calling this Labor Day weekend a whirlwind, then take a couple minutes to read about how Hurricane Irene left SHIT in my basement. It’ll tell you all you need to know.
Without further ado, I give you five things I never thought I’d say over Labor Day weekend:
1. “Quit putting your feet all over the wine chiller! I mean it! Leave it alone already!”- said to Little Dude. (Nobody messes with mama’s boyfriend a.k.a. Mr. Pinot Grigio).
2. “No problem at all! I’ll just add it to the shit soaked items in the garage and it will blend right in with the smell.” – said to my cousins after changing their 2-year old’s diaper.
3. “I’m not too worried about getting a sunroof. Sunroofs mess up my hair and I hate that.” – said to several car salesmen while checking out possible new rides. No weekend is complete without a little Mom Sexy.
4. “Yes honey, I know you heard that from Mommy, but if you yell ‘JESUS!’ at school, you’ll get sent to the principal’s office.” (Guess I need to clean up my act a bit…)
5. “Honey, it really isn’t polite to hang your Angry Bird keychain on your wiener. Please take it off of there NOW.” - WTF? (And yes, this was said to my kid, not the hubster thank GOD).
That’s all I’ve got folks. Hope your last weekend of summer was one to remember!