Mama Got Herself a Job!

HOLY MOLY. Things are definitely about to change for The Mommyologist starting tomorrow morning…because mama got herself a J-O-B.

Like a job-job. Like a full-time job. Like a regular job with regular job hours where they are going to pay me and all that good stuff.

And tonight, I am somewhere between over-the-top excited and totally shitting my pants because I haven’t really set foot in an office since before my son was born.

Ok, ok, I know that all you really care about is where I’m going to be working and what I’m going to be doing, so I’ll cut to the chase.

I’m more than pleased to tell you that I’m joining an amazing team of people over at CafeMom, where I’ll take on my new gig as a Staff Writer for The Stir.

In what seems like a complete and total dream situation, I’ll be working 4-days a week from home, and 1-day per week at The Stir offices in New York City. (I guess I’d better learn how to walk in heels on concrete).

I’ll be writing seven articles per day on everything from Entertainment, to News, to Beauty and Style, to Parenting…and I seriously can’t freakin’ wait.

I’ve been waiting for an opportunity like this to come along for quite some time, and I just can’t believe that I landed such an amazing gig. I’m pretty damn proud of myself, and I feel like things are finally falling into place for me career-wise. This has me ECSTATIC, because getting myself back on a good career path is a huge component of reclaiming my Mom Sexy.

Ok, time to pour a glass of wine in a last ditch attempt to calm my nerves. (Not that I ever really need an excuse to start cocktail hour).

Wish me luck?

Comments

Christine says:

Congratulations and much luck to you! Sounds like an excellent opportunity…enjoy it!

So excited for you sweetie! Congrats!

Julie says:

Ah, just what I am dreaming of — a chance to get paid to write and still be a mom at home with the kids! Good for you. Excellent, excellent and exciting opportunity! Congrats!

Tara F. says:

That is amazing!! Congrats and best of luck!!

Katy says:

That’s fantastic! Best wishes for your first day and for a long, fun career!!!

I am SO excited for you! You are going to ROCK! xo

Leanne says:

Wooo hoooo!! I’m moscato, I mean ecstatic for you !!!

MARY!!!! I am BEYOND excited for you!!! What an amazing opportunity!!! CONGRATS LADY!!!! You are going to rock it!

PS- Let me know if you ever need to add a Sommelier/Wine column because you know, I know somebody who would be great for that! :-)

Well this works just perfectly for me ;) Congrats!

Leah says:

Wonderful news Mary, congrats!!! You are going to be amazing, cannot wait to read more of your amazing work. Knock ‘em dead tomorrow!!

Congratulations!!! We can’t wait to read your articles and love that you are following your passion!! Very Crushworthy!! We love any excuse to get dressed up, especially during the day!! xx, alison and karina

You go girl if any one can do it– YOU CAN:) XO!!

YAY!! So excited and happy for you, Mary. Don’t sweat it…you will be marvelous, darling!

Thanks Sheila! I’m sure I’ll be fine after I get in there. Just the nerves of a brand new situation, I guess!

You will kick ass mama!! Good luck and have a great first day!!

melody says:

Oh my that’s SO great! I’m soooo jealous.. 4 days a week working from home? Even bette
    Npr!! I’m actually waiting to hear from the last interview I had, went to my 3rd interview last week. I’m really praying I get it. Good luck on your new Job. I’m a new mommy with a one year old baby and a new mommy blogger with a 1 month old blog. Btw when I was writing this there was just 1 comment.

Melody

I’m over the moon and “dammit I want that job too” for you right now. You so deserve this Mary. You are amazing and I am so happy and proud of you! I could go on and on and on right now. I feel like it was me (you know, aside from the whole getting a check thing ;-) . Keep us updated!

Sending tons of love from the ‘hood!

oxoxox

So thrilled for you Mary! What a fabulous opportunity to a very deserving mama – I know you will be a rockstar!

Best of luck!!
    xoxo

Thanks, Heather! I’m ready to dive in head first tomorrow. Such a big step, but definitely the right move at the right time! xoxo

Congrats! Good luck and have fun!!! What awesome news.

Dorie says:

You don’t need luck because I know that you’ll be great as you are with everything!

Love you

Congratulations! I am so freaking excited for you! I know I don’t have to wish you luck because you will kick ass!

Mindy says:

I’ll wish you luck but if there’s anyone I know who doesn’t need it it’s you. You’re going to rock this! The end.

That sounds like a dream job! Congrats!

JulieK says:

oh my GOSH that is a TOTAL dream situation for me too (only at someplace totally non-existant like “We-want-to-pay-you-to-write-poetry-all-day.com” LOL!)!!

WOWZA – you go girl – I am super excited for ya! You’ll have the heels thing down in no time. I can RUN in heels. I mean, seriously book it so if you need pointers, just ask! (the trick is, you don’t REALLY let your heel make a full touch down! LOL!).

Nolie says:

WOW! Congratulations. You are going to rock it. And you know they make some pretty cute flats, heels suck.

Amazing!!! You have worked so hard for this. So happy for you. But wow, seven articles a day? Yikes!

Thanks! Seven articles a day is nothing when it’s your job and you are getting paid for it! I’ve always been a writer, so I am not the least bit concerned.

Sonya M says:

I love Cafe Mom and the Stir. You go mom!!! That is fantastic!! I am very happy for you and the fact you only have to be in the office 1 day a week is amazing. Good luck walking in the heels:)

Courtney says:

Congrats girl!! Totally deserved. You will rock it!

Kristin says:

Congratulations! That is super exciting! I don’t think you’ll be at a loss for words at all, you’ll be great!

Congratulations! Sounds very exciting! And, it’s awesome that you get to work from home so much!

Pam says:

Congratulations! Woot Woot!

Anna says:

Mary, the best of both worlds!!!
    Good luck!

Thank you so much, Anna! I’m so excited to be working again. I feel like I’m finally on the right track!

Tere says:

Good luck. Congrats. Have fun.
    Good job!!!

You’ll be amazing :) . Can’t wait to see more of you in NYC!

Nichole says:

Congratulations! Such exciting news.
    You are going to rock it…I have no doubt! :)

Bree says:

That’s amazing–congrats!

MommaKiss says:

Huge congrats, you deserve it and you’re gonna ROCK it.

Anna says:

fantastic, congrats! and enjoying walking in those nyc heels!

Jocelyn says:

Ahhhh – CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Wow, does that sound awesome! How fun and what a most excellent set up! Dude, that totally frickin’ rocks. If you ever need any input from Milwaukee, look me up, hahaha! :)

Thank you!! I am so thrilled and feel like I’m finally headed in the right direction. Loving life right now!

Missy Olive says:

Congratulations! so what happens to Mommyologist?!?!

GIRL!!! I am soooooo excited for you! I remember when you were back on blogger. This is fantastic! Congrats!

Thank you! I still can’t believe how much has changed since I started blogging in 2009. I had no clue then that it would eventually put me back on the right career path!

Wow!!! I just discovered The Stir and it has become one of my favorite daily reads!! Congratulations!

OMG, LOVE Cafemom! That sounds like an amazing job. Tell CafeLisa and CafeKate hi for me! I used to get paid in Target giftcards to be a Group Mod” in the August 2011 Babies group on their website! LOVED it! http://www.justhadabrightidea.blogspot.com & http://www.laughter-ever-after.blogspot.com
    -Morgan

Debra says:

Congrats on the new gig. I’ve always enjoyed CafeMom – and now more that you are there! Can’t wait to go over and see your stuff!

Lindsey says:

That is totally the dream job- CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! And PS- Crocs just came out with a line of high heels- is that cheating???

Lisa says:

Congrats!

Wow! this is amazing, not just the getting a job part (which is awesome in itself, after so many years off) but the nature of your job. Getting paid to do something you love is my idea of perfect. Can you do a post or a series on landing a writing job? Pretty please?

Oh! congratulations again.

Brittany says:

Congratulation that is HUGE news. I would be more nervous about 7 articles a day than the one day in the office but I know you will rock it! Wahoo!

1. [...] having a full-time job, trying to post on my own blog a couple times a week, Twitter, Facebook, other social media shit, [...]

2. [...] the hell have the last six/seven weeks gone? Everything has been kind of a blur since I became a full-time working woman again at the very end of January — and yes, I’m well aware that I’ve neglected the shit [...]