Hi everyone! I know I’ve been kind of missing in action for the past couple weeks, but to say things have been nuts would be the understatement of the year. Between getting my son back to school, trying to shake a bad case of bronchitis, and having to cancel my trip to Bloggy Boot Camp due to a family matter, my poor blog has been totally neglected. But I haven’t forgotten about my awesome bloggy friends, I promise!
Anyway, today is the hubster’s birthday, and it got me thinking about how I don’t really say much about him on my blog. I mean, I definitely use him for humorous material just like any good wife should, but sometimes I don’t think that he realizes just how much I love and appreciate him. Because he’s a pretty cool dude.
Now, I’m not going to gush and get all sappy and talk about how I have the best husband in the world like people do on Facebook, because when people do that I typically want to hit them over the head with a frying pan, but I have come up with a list on why I think the hubster is definitely a keeper.
1. He puts up with my shit. And even though I know that I don’t really need to explain things any further than that, just know that The Mommyologist isn’t exactly a “peach” all of the time. I can be a real pain in the ass, folks.
2. The hubster can cook. And when I say he can cook, I don’t mean that he can pull the cellophane off a tray of Stouffer’s lasagna and stick it in the oven. I mean that he can whip up all sorts of gourmet things…and he even uses butcher’s twine and crap like that. I really appreciate not having to be the only one in the house who makes meals.
3. He is a total computer nerd. And I dig it. And if our internet goes down, he has it back up in a matter of minutes. It’s like having a built-in Geek Squad.
4. He is an amazing father and knows our son’s routine like the back of his hand. When we do the “hand-off” he takes over, no instructions necessary. From some talks I’ve had with certain friends, this can be sort of rare, so I know how lucky I am.
5. He works his ass off and still comes home happy to see us and never complains. And he works his ass off not only because he loves his family, but because he truly loves and takes pride in his work and his company. Not many people can say that these days.
6. He never gives me shit when I wake up hungover on a Sunday morning after a good party.
7. He calls me out when I’m being a complete and total pain in the ass. Did I already mention that I can be a pain in the ass?
8. He knows his way around a boat. For whatever reason, I’ve found this quality extremely attractive ever since I was 17 and dated a 15-year old who had no driver’s license, but did belong to the local yacht club.
9. He gets shit done. And this works out because I am a complete and total procrastinator. When the hubster starts something, he HAS to finish it. Even if this means installing a ceiling fan in the master bedroom after dark and having to wear one of those headlamp flashlights to see what he’s doing.
10. He is 100% behind me and is supportive of the whole blogging thing, and I can’t thank him enough for that. I’ve often said that, “I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m on my way”, and I know that he will support me through every single step on my journey.
See honey? I DO paint you in a positive light on my blog. Happy Birthday and I love you!